- 4 tomatoes
- 4 small zucchini squashes
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- 1 finely diced purple onion
- 4 slices of 5% fat Bulgarian cheese / Safed sheep’s milk cheese / goat cheese (more than one kind of cheese can be used), cut into small cubes
- 1 hot green pepper (optional), finely diced
- 8 sliced bitter olives
- 4 spoons of bread crumbs
- ¼ cup of basil
- Cut the tomato in half and empty its contents (keep the body).
- Cut the squashes across and empty the insides to get a boat shape.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onions until they become slightly golden. Add the mushrooms and fry until the mushrooms shrink and all the fluid is drained out of them. Let the pan cool for a while.
- After the mushrooms and onion have cooled, add cubes of Bulgarian cheese, hot pepper, olives, bread crumbs and thyme leaves. Mix until you get a solid mixture.
- Fill the tomatoes and squashes with the mixture and place on a tray. Wrap the tray in tinfoil.
- Place in an oven pre-heated to 180 degrees C for about 10-15 minutes. Cook for an additional 7 minutes for browning.
Serve hot with rice.