- 1 cup of cold-pressed virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of carob syrup / molasses / maple syrup / honey
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of natural vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 6 cups of thick oat bran
- 1 cup of sliced pumpkin seeds / sunflower seeds / walnuts
- 1 cup of crushed apricot / apple / raspberries
- ¾ cup of dried fruits – sliced dates and apricots, and raisins
Mix together vigorously the oil, sugar, syrup, vanilla and the eggs.
Gradually add in the rest of the ingredients and knead until you get a mixture as uniform as possible. Use a spoon to create a cookie shape, and arrange in a pan lined with baking paper. Bake in an oven pre-heated to medium heat (180 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes. Cool and take out of pan.
Keep in a tightly sealed container.