- ½ cup of almonds, ground into a powder
- 4 spoons of sifted self-rising flour
- 120 grams of dark chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup of sifted cocoa powder
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 26cm baking pan
- 1 glass of squeezed orange juice
- 4 eggs
- 2 spoons of rum
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ spoon of grated lemon rind
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1-2 spoons of powdered sugar
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- Mix the almonds and flour in a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate, cocoa powder, and ¾ of the sugar and the orange juice in a small pot.
- Take the pot off the fire and let it cool for a while. Add the eggs and rum, as well as the almond mix.
- Flatten the mixture in a 26cm pan and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the middle of the cake comes out moist.
- Let the cake cool for a while. As it cools it will sink and crack slightly. Without breaking the edges, run a knife around its outline and free it from the pan. Coat with powdered sugar.