- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of white flour
- 1 teaspoonful of baking powder
- ½ a teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 spoon of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup of 1% yogurt
- 1 spoon of dried basil
- 1 spoon of dried oregano
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 spoon of olive oil
- 100 grams of grated Bulgarian cheese / Safed sheep’s cheese
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl together with the salt and whole wheat flour, and add the sugar.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl together with the egg white, add the yogurt, the dried herbs, the black pepper and the oil. Add the cheese and mix.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until you get a solid, sticky mass of dough.
- Oil 14 pans with cups with some olive oil spray or butter.
Pour the dough into the pans using a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at a medium heat (200 degrees C) until you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven, wait for awhile before you take the muffins out of the pan and cool. Serve with a fresh vegetable salad.