- 2 ¼ cups of oat bran
- ¼ cup of small raisins
- ½ cup of broken walnuts
- ½ cup of broken Aleppo pistachios
- 1 bag of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ cup of ground flaxseed + ¼ cup of ground whole sesame seeds
- ¼ cup of brown sugar / honey / molasses
- Pinch of salt and Za’atar to taste
- 1 ¼ cup of dairy milk / soy milk / water
- 2 eggs
- 3 spoons of canola oil or butter
Heat the oven to 190 degrees C
Mix together all the ingredients: oat bran, walnuts, raisins, baking powder, baking soda and brown sugar. Pour the mixture into a 6-cup cupcake pan (the mixture is good for 18 buns). Bake for 15 minutes and check with a toothpick (the buns should be slightly moist but not wet).
The buns can be kept frozen. It’s recommended to eat them right before a large meal with lots of fluids.